It is not a very detailed tour in terms of culture or historical information.
This is the program for those who love the sun, beach, food, countryside, enjoy the simplest things in life. We can´t promise you about perfect weather, sorry, but we are sure you will have a blast with us!
Wonderful food, nicest people, GLBT friendly accommodation, ... With PROUD you will feel welcome from the moment you step in our coach, until you are left at the airport on the last day.
In all our group excursions we have the mission to surprise you and exceed your expectations. Therefore, we won´t be giving you very much details about this full program vacation either.
we can tell you that if you choose Journey Under the Sun, you will be at the what it is to be called the Portuguese Riviera. The coastal settlement of Cascais originated in the 12th century. Today, there is a large yacht harbour and several small sand beaches in and around town. It has the ruins of a castle, an art and sea museum, as well as parks and the charming cobbled streets of the historic centre.
Stop by Guincho Beach and take a picture in the western point off European Continental. Some of its shoreline is cliff-y, attracting tourists for its seascapes and other natural sights such as the Boca do Inferno.
Surfing, sailing, windsurfing, and kite surfing are also popular in the region around Cascais due to favourable weather, wind, and sea conditions. Estoril Casino is one of the largest in Europe. Near the casino is the "Hotel Palácio" (Palace Hotel), a 5-star hotel where scenes of the James Bond movie On Her Majesty's Secret Service were shot.
See the reason why we say Portugal has one of the most beautiful coast lines on the planet.
Travel south to famous Algarve and compare to the unexplored coast of Alentejo region. Enjoy the picturesque villages and learn about agriculture production in a farm. Taste the best local gastronomy among the wonderful wine.
PROGRAM DAY BY DAY
We are giving you only a very short summary of the program. PROUD likes to surprise their participants in every single journey. Therefore, we don’t provide with detailed information. We work daily to exceed your expectations!
- Meeting & Greeting. Departure to Cascais in a panoramic view from downtown Lisboa
- Walking tour in downtown Cascais
- Lunch ‘on the rocks’
- Departure to Sintra, stop in Guincho and Cabo da Roca
- Sintra’s old town with free time for the local pastries and shopping
- Departure from Sintra and hotel check-in
- Dinner in typical restaurant with live show
- Evening optional: Try your luck or simply have a drink in the fashionable Casino
- Return to hotel
- Departure to Alentejo
- Lunch in Sines
- Travel to Porto Covo / Ilha do Pessegueiro
- Free time to enjoy this picturesque village or go for a swim
- Travel to Zambujeira do Mar & Hotel Check-in
- After breakfast visit a farm and learn about region’s traditional products such as olive oil, wine and ‘Enchidos’
- 12:30 – Barbeque lunch
- 15:00 – Beach / Afternoon free
- 20:00 – Dinner & drinks
- After breakfast and check-out, departure to ALGARVE region
- Stop in Cabo Sagres, breath-taking view down the cliffs
- Arrival in Lagos. Panoramic tour and walk in downtown
- Lunch and hotel check in
- Happy time in the largest beach in the Algarve
- Travel to Portimão, party time in the nightclub
- Return to hotel
- Morning free
- Departure from Algarve back to Lisboa
Your Tour Leader will be available to assist you every evening before dinner. You are welcome to give him/her your feedback and make your suggestions.
Christmas celebration: This program does not celebrate any religion. Although we kindly ask all participants to bring a gift for “Secret Santa” exchange on Christmas Eve. PROUD will surprise you too!
4-night accommodation, sharing the room/villa. Capacity of accommodation varies.
Allocation is made randomly by your Tour Leader, upon arrival.
All meals from day 1 to lunch on day 5 are included.
If you have any diet restrictions, please don’t forget to mention them when you make your booking.
Program does not include:
Accommodation before or after the designated program dates
Tips (please feel free to give gratuities directly to the staff, at your own discretion)
Proud Services grants you 3 different payment methods:
- Bank Transfer
Credit or Debit Card (VISA/MasterCard)